Oryor Smart Application
The Thai Food and Drug Administration (ThaiFDA) takes responsibility for consumer protection, particularly ensuring the public to be offered the safest and most beneficial healthcare products, varying in food, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, cosmetics, psychotropic substances, and hazardous materials. ThaiFDA has always recognized the importance of providing greater knowledge and understanding of safe use and appropriate consumption of healthcare products via several social channels, as part of its intention to promote public wellness and longevity.
ThaiFDA has consistently provided a great sum of knowledge on safe use and appropriate consumption of healthcare products for people via several public channels. With the advancement of today’s world, information technology is playing a vital role in determining people’s changing behavior and lifestyles. Admittedly, smartphones and tablets have become the most influential gadgets that few could ignore. As a result, mobile applications have been developed to firmly support the effectiveness and simplicity of such futuristic devices. As mobile applications strategically evolve with modern technology, users can be fascinated with a variety of technological sound effects and images mixed together in perfect harmony.
The Public and Consumer Affairs Division developed a brand-new mobile application “Oryor Smart Application”, considered as the first version of the application introduced officially on August 3, 2013. The newly developed application is equipped with seven different menus detailed below:
- Smart Tips – provides productive suggestions on selecting the safest and most beneficial healthcare products.
- Oryor News Station – unveils news and FDA-related information to be acknowledged by the public.
- Library – includes a collection of Oryor Report, Oryor Trade Insight, Oryor Handbook, Oryor Factsheet, and Oryor Journal.
- Code Verification – allows users to verify the registration number of healthcare products, particularly cosmetics.
- Media Center – offers fun-filled information on healthcare products through animation as well as movie and audio presentations.
- Complaint Filing – facilitates users with fast and reliable filing of complaints about inferior properties and undesirable matters of healthcare products.
- Health Center – simplifies the calculation of the Body Mass Index (BMI) for all users.
The second version of the Oryor Smart Application was officially debuted on July 17, 2015, with additional menus specified as follows:
- Game land – includes four knowledge-filled games about healthcare products and public health information.
- Navigating the Drugstore – allows users to search for their preferred drugstores nationwide.
- Submenu of Code Verification – allows users to verify the registration number of healthcare products, including food and hazardous household materials.
- Submenu of Health Center – provides the measurement of calories in food menus.
Furthermore the third version of the Oryor Smart Application was officially announced to the public on March 3, 2016, with the addition of the following topics:
- Windows Phone Application – supports the Windows Phone operating system to ensure efficient and easy access for all mobile phone systems.
- Submenu of Code Verification – allows users to verify the regulatory number of pharmaceutical products.
- Submenu of Oryor Health center– unveils illegal healthcare products that failed to comply with the consumer protection law.
- Game Land – has been updated from four to six games.
In addition, the Oryor Smart Application has won the Silver Conch Award from the Public Relations Society of Thailand and the Public Service Award of Excellence 2015 from the Office of the Public Sector Development Commission (OPDC).
- To serve as a new effective channel in disseminating knowledge on healthcare products and appropriate consumption that can be acquired from anywhere at any time, while being able to support the consistent use of information.
- To gather significant information on healthcare products to facilitate academic research and studies, efficiently and conveniently.
- To ensure the consistency of knowledge sharing for the public, expected to eliminate issues on the inappropriate consumption of healthcare products.
- The consumers will be offered greater knowledge in selecting the safest and most beneficial healthcare products.
- The consumers will be easily able to access healthcare product information with clearer understanding on appropriate consumption.
- The consumers will be guaranteed with an easy access to health information anywhere at any time.